Saturday, May 7, 2011

April showers bring May flowers

April proved to be an extremely difficult month for myself.

My Nana (great grandma) fell ill with a flair up from a chronic condition.  I was sure that my Nana, being the strongest woman I know, would be able to over come this acute illness and spend many more wonderful years in my life. It's not easy for me to say, but God wanted her home with him and she wanted the same. Her body shut down and quit trying to fight infection. She asked to be moved home where she wanted to slip into God's presence peacefully.
I was blessed to have the opportunity to fly home and see my Nana and introduce her to Ezra my son for the first and only time.  We were able to speak for a few moments and she was thrilled to meet her "big boy" and got to tell him she LOVED him. I was able to see her again at home sleeping peacefully I held her warm hands and told her I loved her.  She was accepted into heaven April 21st. 2011.
The thought of not having her to confide in and share all my exciting news of being a new mom breaks my heart. But knowing that she will wait for us in Heaven with my Granddad gives me great peace.

Moving into May the sun has pushed its ray's through my dark clouds. It is this month that we celebrate Ezra's life and look back on this last year to see how much he as grown and seeing God's hand of protection over his life. I am elated to hear the new words come out of his mouth and it excites me to watch him attempt to walk.  I can't put into words the way he has changed my life making it no longer my own to be selfish with. I have grown finding out how to be a parent and I still have 17 years of training that I look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment