Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Slamming the door of opportunity


Things are .... going here. Ezra is getting so big it absolutely amazes me how fast he has grown and how much he is constantly learning. Just a year ago he was so small and depended on me every step of the way. Now he is practically independent! Motherhood is such an unspeakable blessing. I wish all of life could be as fulfilling and enjoyable. 

Fallon has proven to be a difficult place to live and work, the culture here is unreal. And I have had a very hard time focusing on what is important. I have become so numb to life here. I have never liked it here and therefore closed down and become very selfish. Work is very difficult emotionally and spiritually for me. And now I feel completely guilt ridden. I have let these little annoyance hinder me and subtract from what I have always felt was my God given calling - to help people. 

This week I dealt with (blew off is more like it) a young girl who wishes to terminate her pregnancy. I was stunned when I first spoke with her, it caught me completely off guard. I asked if she would like to see ob/gyn for further information she stated no she just wanted to go to planned parenthood and "take care of it". She came in again today w/ questions, not wanting to confront the issue I took her to our clinical manager to have her questions answered. Tonight when I got home all I can think about is that she is making an uneducated decision and has no idea what she is about to go through physically, and emotionally and I didn't tell her. I didn't even ask if she has thought about adoption or why she might feel this is her only option. I failed first as a christian and second has a nurse ... 

The most disturbing part is that God gave me the opportunity twice to speak with her and both times I slammed the door shut and now I have locked myself out and have no way of getting back in. 


No comments:

Post a Comment